In Q1 2011, Wainhouse Research (WR) conducted a third-party evaluation of 8x8’s Virtual Office Pro, a hosted PBX / VoIP phone service / unified communications (UC) and web conferencing service offering. The evaluation focused on the following aspects of Virtual Office Pro:|
- Service activation and configuration
- Basic PBX functionality (e.g. auto attendant, extension dialing, ring groups, etc.)
- Basic user features and functionality (e.g. personalized voice mail, audio bridging, call transfers, online dashboard, internet faxing, call recording, advanced call forwarding, etc.)
- UC / additional communication features and functionality (e.g. web conferencing, video chat, integration with iPhone and Android platforms, integration with Outlook, etc.)
- System management capabilities (e.g. admin user interface, reporting, workflow, etc.)
- Overall user experience (e.g. audio, video, web, system UI, etc.)
To facilitate the evaluation, WR signed up as a 8x8 customer. To ensure that WR did not receive preferential treatment, WR's order was processed under a fictitious company name. In addition, the WR team used the fictitious name during all interactions with the 8x8 team.
Overall, WR was extremely pleased with the performance of the 8x8 offering. Specifically, we appreciated the wide range of PBX features (e.g. auto-attendant, ring groups, extension management, etc.) available to system administrators, the ease of use of the user portal, and the wide-band audio quality experienced during internal audio calls.
This study, sponsored by 8x8
, provides detailed information about the 8x8 Virtual Office Pro service and the results of this evaluation.